LP has a dedicated team of company secretarial, legal professionals and Chartered Accountants who possess extensive experience in various corporate laws and commercial / legal documentation.
We can assist you by coordinating board meetings and distributing briefing materials; preparing and managing data rooms for due diligence purposes; ensuring that all statutory returns and fees are filed; drafting corporate documents and agreements; arranging for staff to be seconded to client teams for short-term secretarial projects, and corresponding with local authorities. Our team of professionals has the technical and practical experience to assist businesses in a wide range of industries, including both domestic and international businesses. In addition, the team's extensive local knowledge of company secretarial practice enables it to provide prompt and high-quality assistance to both new and existing clients.
The team conducts legal and secretarial due diligence in different areas depending upon the nature of the transaction, namely:
- Venture Capital Investments
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Cross-border Acquisitions
- IPO/ Rights issues
- Overseas borrowings, including FCCBs, GDRs, ECBs, etc. Additionally, the team regularly undertakes legal compliance health check-ups of companies in varied sectors with the objective of:
- Ascertaining the extent of legal compliance under the applicable Indian laws
- Highlighting the gaps in terms of non-compliance under the applicable Indian laws
- Deciphering the remedial measures for overcoming the deficiencies
- A single consolidated report is subsequently provided dealing with all the legal compliances/aspects that require the immediate attention of the management and has an important bearing on the running of the business and the liability of the management.
Other Company Secretarial Services/ Transaction Assistance Services
- Changes to companies' share capital to include – share transfers, share allotments, buy-back and re-organization of share capital, including capital reduction.
- Fund infusion through rights and preferential issues, compulsory convertible securities
- Change in objects of the company
- Change in the registered office of the company — inter-and intra-state changes
- Appointment of key managerial personnel and their remuneration
- Corporate Social Responsibility services
- Liaisoning with authorized dealer bank for obtaining foreign inward remittance certificate and know your client compliances of the non-resident investor
- Filings under FEMA with Reserve Bank for issue/transfer of securities under Single Master Form (SMF) on FIRMS portal
- Review of related-party transactions and compliances in respect thereof
- Corporate law due to diligence services and company search
- Carry out health checks for companies on their statutory records and compliance history
- Company conversions, name changes and review of constitutional documents
- Provision of registered office facility for our clients
- Compliances under the Limited Liability Partnership Act, 2008